Hi friends, Today's puzzle is a themed offering, and a lesson in striking while the iron is hot. It's one of my oldest crossword ideas, but I was never quite able to make a grid that I was happy with for it. Years later, I revisited it. I did find my grid-making skills had improved, but I dithered in making and cluing it. By the time I sent it around and got feedback from venues, I got told by not one but two different editors that they already had a very similar puzzle in their queue. Such is life! I still love this theme, and I'm happy I finally managed to make the puzzle a reality. I'm excited to see the different paths people took with a similar concept as well, so keep your eyes peeled for those other puzzles. Thank you to Geoffrey Schorkopf for invaluable help in testing this puzzle! You can find Shannon and I over at The Defector . If OneDrive prompts you to log-in, try opening in a private window. .puz PDF Solution ...
Hi Will
ReplyDeleteI note that you display enticing photos of food on your blog I am a constructor who happens to be a pastry chef/food writer and professional baking instructor. I’ve had a few puzzles published—-LA times and WSJ. Wondered if you would like to collaborate on a pastry themer?
Look forward to hearing back
Robert Wemischner
Hey Robert!
DeleteThat's awesome, I'd definitely be interested. Obviously I'm just an amateur baker (and puzzlemaker) but I'm flattered! You can email me at william.eisenberg ((at)) gmail ((dot)) com and we can chat about ideas!
The clue for 36A may need a qualifier, since GBBO has been on Channel 4 (not ___) since its 8th season.
ReplyDelete